As Annapolis becomes more and more popular and welcomes many events it’s reasonable to think about renting your apartment on Airbnb, but how do you prepare for it?
To get the most out of renting an apartment or house, consider the tips below. They can help avoid major mistakes when preparing an item for rent, mistakes that spoil the vacation experience for guests and add unnecessary hassle to the owner with cleaning. We’ll also show you how to get your property to âlikeâ a booking site like Airbnb.
It should be minimalist and versatile. Use calm, neutral colors for walls and ceilings:
- soft blue.
The lighter the mood in the room, the better. As for materials, it is better not to cover the walls with wallpaper.
The walls are better painted. Some people whitewash them, but this is not the best option as the lime crumbles and creates a feeling of dust in the air.
Lay floors with parquet or laminate. Don’t choose a dark color – every crumb and speck of dust will be visible. Tile or carpet is not the best material for rental housing. Tiled floors take away the coziness of your home, and regular carpet cleaning is expensive and inconvenient.
The furniture should not be bulky or heavy, but sufficiently stable. Do not clutter up the rooms with vases on the ground, flowers, ottomans. For example, in a living room of upholstered furniture, a compact sofa will suffice, but an armchair is an unnecessary and unnecessary item.
Put yourself in a guest’s shoes: what would you need in the first place on vacation, given that you will be spending most of your time away from home? A bed, a dining table and chairs, an equipped kitchen and a bathroom are the optimal set for being guided in a one bedroom apartment. To find items perfect for these purposes, you can go to nfoulet.
Next, let’s go through each functional area separately.
What will we need for this:
- Chest of drawers or chest;
Tip: invest in a night light. It creates romance and coziness, making guests feel right at home.
What will we need for this:
- Low table;
- TV set.
Tip: distribute the furniture evenly in the room so that guests can move freely and not feel cramped
What will we need:
- Sink (preferably round or oval);
Tips: The choice in favor of a shower enclosure is explained by the small size of the bathrooms. It is better to choose a model with frosted or colored glass so that the drops are not so noticeable. On the shower floor, be sure to put a rubber mat against sliding, but it is better to refuse a breeding ground for germs in the form of a sponge mat on the floor.
What will we need:
- A workspace made of furniture without sharp angles
Tips: Don’t buy glass or metal sinks. The jets of water seem terrible to them. Go for ceramics. It is better to take the colored, dull dishes. Stubborn stains from sauces, coffee, etc. can remain on white dishes.
And some other furniture tips. “Movable” products (tables, chairs, beds) should be light, but storage furniture – rather heavy to withstand even the weight of fur coats and felt boots if your guests are coming from the north.
A folding bed and a few folding chairs will not be superfluous in the apartment. In this case, if suddenly guests will come to the residents.
It is better to refuse glass furniture. It is traumatic, fragile and the dust is very visible there.
Only buy the item for the item that you really cannot do without:
- Washing machine;
- electric kettle;
- Coffee machine;
- Hair dryer;
- High speed internet (modem, etc.).
- Most of the apartments for rent are air conditioned.
It is not at all necessary to clutter the kitchen with a juicer, toaster, dishwasher. If they are – only a plus, but as practice shows, guests do not use them.
All equipment in the apartment must be in good working order. This is a prerequisite, the non-respect of which can even lead to the refusal of the town hall to issue you a real estate tourism card.
Make sure that before guests move into the apartments there are:
- Clean towels and sheets. In addition, they should outnumber the number of guests arriving.
- First aid kit. And it contains drugs for “ambulance” – iodine, bandage, ammonia, cotton, plaster, antibacterial agent. It is advisable to have a box with needles, threads and scissors nearby.
- Shower accessories. It is better not to put shampoo, soap, shower gel in large containers. Pour them into small containers so you don’t buy a full bottle of shampoo or something every time after the next âthriftyâ guest.
- Warm blankets. In addition, the blankets should be in the apartment not only in winter. What if one of the guests drinks cold sangria and wants to calm the chills under a warm blanket
- Elementary set of products. Water, tea, coffee, sugar, salt, olive oil, a package of pasta or rice should be provided free of charge to customers. These are basic rules of decency and care.
Leave quick instructions for use on the home appliance. You can also write the rules of residence for the guests. For example, warn that you are not allowed to smoke in your apartment. Do not forget to also give the password for the wi-fi.
Buy a local map for customers and mark their location on it.
Category: Local news, NEWS